Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone make the show? picked up the remington 700 of my dreams, .308, 26 in heavy barrel, laminated stock, less than 100 rds thru it, will make a perfect sniper.

·
Silver Bullet member
3,333 Posts
I went. Not much there in milsurp. Bought a Spanish 1916 mauser for $20, then sold it to another dealer for $100.
Wish I could find that kind of deal more at every show.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,530 Posts
Show was well... 'eh. That's about the best way to describe it. Lots of junk, seemed like a garage sale. I thought we were having NGD this weekend, obviously not. The trip would have been completely worthless but I did pick up a Swedish Ljungman, which is one rifle I have been looking for a long time now. I paid fair to maybe a bit high for it, or at least I thought so. I don't really know what they go for but I liked it and it saved the show for me.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I went. Not much there in milsurp. Bought a Spanish 1916 mauser for $20, then sold it to another dealer for $100.
Wish I could find that kind of deal more at every show.
WOW!

I need to go to a gunshow with YOU sometime!!

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
64,622 Posts
Show was well... 'eh. That's about the best way to describe it. Lots of junk, seemed like a garage sale. I thought we were having NGD this weekend, obviously not. The trip would have been completely worthless but I did pick up a Swedish Ljungman, which is one rifle I have been looking for a long time now. I paid fair to maybe a bit high for it, or at least I thought so. I don't really know what they go for but I liked it and it saved the show for me.

NGD is October 6 & 7

·
Gold Bullet member
11,458 Posts
mkgr22... nice profit!

mkgr22, that reminds me of a show a couple years ago. I saw a Type 99 with some interesting marks on it, so I agreed to a price with the seller and told him I'd be back in a bit with the cash. I was carrying a Spanish 1893 from Gunhorde that just didn't catch my interest. Sold the 1893 to a dealer for $100, then paid $100 for the Type 99. About 10 paces from the table a couple guys are discussing Jap rifles in their hands, I stop to kind of politely wait for a break in the conversation. One of them gets interested in my just-bought T99... he makes an offer of $240. I hadn't planned on selling it, but I can't help consider the idea. BradB wanders by, I flag him down and he gives a short dissertation on why this Type 99 is a bit special (something about school markings or somesuch). The guy immediately whips his wallet out and counts out $240. Might have been worth a bit more, but I didn't care. I now had enough to buy a VKT M91 that I had on hold.

Sometimes it works out like that. Still, I would like to get a nice T99 someday.

·
Silver Bullet member
3,333 Posts
I never even had a chance to find out if the mauser was 7mm or a 7.62x51 conversion. I pretty much planned on re-selling it anyway, since I have a nice example.
What surprised me is that those kinds of deals are usually snapped up by other dealers before the show opens.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
64,622 Posts
1. The other dealers did not recognize the value.
or
2. The one you purchased from did not uncover his table early enough so that the other dealers saw the value.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Ihatemacs if you don,t mind me asking ,how much did the Ag42-b cost?
I,m looking for another one & I,m not very well up on the price,s either.
Thanks jth

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,530 Posts
I paid $720 for a good solid rifle in probably 80% condition. Very nice bore. 1943 dated. It was a bit more than I wanted to pay but it was close enough that I figure 10 years from now I wont care. Besides, I have really been wanting one of these.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Thanks for the info , there is one offered here locally for $850 . I have known & traded
with him for yrs . It is near mint ,dated 1945. From what you have said I guess it probably
isn,t too bad a deal . Alll matching & really a very nice rifle. I think I will go for it.
I have one that I have had for yrs that isn,t nearly as nice ,but is a great shooter.
It is mismatched & probably about 50% . However it only cost $75 about 20 yrs ago.
I think the Ag42-B ,s are few & far between , there really were not that many of them made.
Thanks again jth

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,530 Posts
Yeah they are not very easy to come by. If I had found a minty one for $850 I probably would have done that at the drop of a hat. Besides, for that price sell yours for about what I paid for mine and you wont be bad off and it's an upgrade. Good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts