Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are the only 4 pics i have of the piece until i go see it. I presume its a R.C. but theres no sheelac, no x, and the stamps are not punched out. But the crossbolt in the stock is painted right? hmm.

My biggest question is just to confirm that the finish has been redone. He thinks its the original finish, i do not think thats the case. Theirs no way right?

The bore is great he said. Thats the biggest thing im after.

PS: The other K98 in the photo is also for sale. Im going to look at both.

·
Banned
7,237 Posts
The question should be how much is he asking?
Both lack original finish but that's OK unless he wants a fortune for one/them.
As to the bore on the first one, it is far from excellent, it's either filthy or has pitting and corrosion.
Even that is not a deal killer but again, it depends on the asking price.
I've been collecting them since they were under $200 so my basis for value may be tilted towards the cheaper end of the scale.
Having said that, $300/$500 seems to be the norm for R/C rifles these days BUT buy the bore and check for cracks in the wood.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The question should be how much is he asking?
Both lack original finish but that's OK unless he wants a fortune for one/them.
As to the bore on the first one, it is far from excellent, it's either filthy or has pitting and corrosion.
Even that is not a deal killer but again, it depends on the asking price.
I've been collecting them since they were under $200 so my basis for value may be tilted towards the cheaper end of the scale.
Having said that, $300/$500 seems to be the norm for R/C rifles these days BUT buy the bore and check for cracks in the wood.
I don’t know which universe you live in, but I’d love to come live there as well! It’s impossible to find ANY k98 for $500 now. Maybe that’s just me. They’re SO expensive now everywhere I look. I have not found a single one for under 600 unless it’s been sporterized.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.