Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I am looking to buy a g43 and was looking to see if anyone is looking to sell one? Or reccommend any websites? I’ve seen some on gunbroker but they are way overpriced around $5000 -$6000 and some of the sellers have questionable reputations. Im looking to spend $3000 - $3500.

Thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
I recommend posting a wtb add in the trader section here and k98 forums. Also be b
Patient and check the traders daily. The going rate from gunbroker and most retail sellers is 5-6k. The market has just gone that high and will only go higher.
The best deals I have seen are on the trader forums.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi everyone,
I am looking to buy a g43 and was looking to see if anyone is looking to sell one? Or reccommend any websites? I’ve seen some on gunbroker but they are way overpriced around $5000 -$6000 and some of the sellers have questionable reputations. Im looking to spend $3000 - $3500.

Thanks
I'll let you know what they're worth when I find out about mine. I have a DUV (Berlin Lubecher) and was pondering selling it so was going to show it to my LGS that collects antique curios and relics and maybe sell some of my C&R collection to Rock Island Auctions. My first pass at Google showed that DUV without any crossouts (a carry-back G43) that came back at the end of WW2 seem to be going for $6K to $7K. On the other hand, 3 or 4 year old sales of DUV rifles seemed to only fetch about $3K; which of course is before these crazy times we live in today.

·
Registered
436 Posts
The devil is in the details regarding G43 values, or at least typically are. Current value of a nice presentable (average) and matching G/K43 is somewhere between 3 and 4k, typically but there are always exceptions. Better rifles bring more money. Lesser condition but unsporterized rifles will still bring 3K or so. Same for non-matching rifles. Sporterized examples aren't far under 3k either, which is mind boggling because restorations are very cost prohibitive. Still, people buy them up. It's a seller's market right now with few nice rifles listed at auction, which drives the prices. Those very overpriced rifles tend to linger on Gunbroker and usually sellers either bring the price down or they just don't sell unless someone just has to have it and damned the cost. When a rifle brings much higher than normal amounts than can usually be attributed to a couple folks seriously wanting the same rifle, some very unique features of the particular rifle, or shill bidding (it happens). If I'm buying, I'm usually looking for a unique or less common variant rifle and that, surprisingly, makes not too much difference on the final price. My suggestion for a first purchase is to buy a really nice rifle that is missing nothing and hasn't been messed with. Those examples will always hold top dollar value plus you won't be spending time and wasting money trying to make a lesser rifle a better rifle---you can never make a non-matching rifle a matching rifle nor can you un-sand a heavily sanded stock. Buy better the first time and never regret it, and that applies to nearly everything in life that you might purchase.

I'll let you know what they're worth when I find out about mine. I have a DUV (Berlin Lubecher) and was pondering selling it so was going to show it to my LGS that collects antique curios and relics and maybe sell some of my C&R collection to Rock Island Auctions. My first pass at Google showed that DUV without any crossouts (a carry-back G43) that came back at the end of WW2 seem to be going for $6K to $7K. On the other hand, 3 or 4 year old sales of DUV rifles seemed to only fetch about $3K; which of course is before these crazy times we live in today.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The devil is in the details regarding G43 values, or at least typically are. Current value of a nice presentable (average) and matching G/K43 is somewhere between 3 and 4k, typically but there are always exceptions. Better rifles bring more money. Lesser condition but unsporterized rifles will still bring 3K or so. Same for non-matching rifles. Sporterized examples aren't far under 3k either, which is mind boggling because restorations are very cost prohibitive. Still, people buy them up. It's a seller's market right now with few nice rifles listed at auction, which drives the prices. Those very overpriced rifles tend to linger on Gunbroker and usually sellers either bring the price down or they just don't sell unless someone just has to have it and damned the cost. When a rifle brings much higher than normal amounts than can usually be attributed to a couple folks seriously wanting the same rifle, some very unique features of the particular rifle, or shill bidding (it happens). If I'm buying, I'm usually looking for a unique or less common variant rifle and that, surprisingly, makes not too much difference on the final price. My suggestion for a first purchase is to buy a really nice rifle that is missing nothing and hasn't been messed with. Those examples will always hold top dollar value plus you won't be spending time and wasting money trying to make a lesser rifle a better rifle---you can never make a non-matching rifle a matching rifle nor can you un-sand a heavily sanded stock. Buy better the first time and never regret it, and that applies to nearly everything in life that you might purchase.
Today I sold my DUV 44 for the price of a new M1A National Match and new PTR91; so $3.3K.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts