Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Copper Bullet Member
12,874 Posts
1+ on above. Those who function test one know immediately when hammer falls as safety is disengaged or slide is released and there is no decocker. Maybe many have occurred without injury ( and firer was scared stoopid) and/or safeties have been removed after reading posts like this. Several seen with metal shavings still in lock mechanism and/or floppy safeties. Seeing problems with many modern repops like SAAs or Sharps rifles due to safety requirement. Last Pietta SAA .22 seen was an accident just waiting to happen. If i had a shop i would not sell such items and think insurance companies may be making the decision for many.

· Copper Bullet Member
12,874 Posts
Could be. On some mods they drilled thru the frame WITH the lock mech in place. I guess they had a jig and felt confident on mass production. Have seen some with no cleaning of metal shavings in lock mech after safety was installed. Some safeties were so badly installed (and loose ) they interferred with the mech in both on and off position and somewhat unpredictable. Was at warehouse one day when pallets of new chinese toks were being disposed off due to defects and returns. The factory installed safeties were among the problems. I personally wouldn't trust anything but the original half cock safety. Even those that work fine now may fail later due to wear and shock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.