Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for someone knowledgable in Enfield firearms who would like to rate a list of Enfields, to give me some idea of collectibility, rarity etc. The job pays nothing and thee are no benefits but you will get a thank you from me. Im no where near an Enfield expert and may have a line on a considerable collection but am having a hard time deciding which are worth messing with. e-mail or pm me,
Chris

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Lets see now: You want someone to work for you for nothing, You keep the profits,
Checking the prices on your site the profits must be high.
Good Luck!

·
Copper Bullet member
1,447 Posts
Im looking for someone knowledgable in Enfield firearms who would like to rate a list of Enfields, to give me some idea of collectibility, rarity etc. The job pays nothing and thee are no benefits but you will get a thank you from me. Im no where near an Enfield expert and may have a line on a considerable collection but am having a hard time deciding which are worth messing with. e-mail or pm me,
Chris
As you come up to the open door of my house, the keys for both my cars [both fully filled up, BTW] and the spare keys for my boat will be placed on the hall-stand, just waiting for you. There will be a bottle of Chivas Regal and a couple of glasses left on the fireside table, and the help will be coming in later to cook your five-course gourmet meal every evening for as long as you care to stay.

Crown Class membership of five local golf clubs will be in the envelope on the overmantle, I have arranged with Seve to partner you this coming weekend, if that's OK with you. The wine cellar has just been restocked with around $1/4M worth of Europe's finest bottles, but if there is anything special you fancy, please call my sommelier at any time. He is sitting at the end of the phone just waiting to hear from you 24/7.

You'll also see my my platinum debit card - just fill in the details - the bank already knows that you will be arriving. Try not to go over $100K a week, there's a good chap.

tac

PS - you ARE taking the piss out of us, right?

·
Gunboards Sponsor
249 Posts
send me a list...i have over 200 various British Arms and have been in the business for 30 years..i can also contact a couple of collectores who can make the collection disappear.. thanks for sponsership of gunboards..and I am shure that you like I dont make engough off sponsership to pay for it..but enjoy the information on these boards.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You know sites like this are for learning and getting to fill in holes that you are missing.I dealt for many years in civil war and had a lot of swords and carbines, you name it. I remember in 1998 at a show in Dalton GA, the road show that was on TV tried to buy most of my stuff,, this 80+ year old lady brought a sword in and was asking me what she could get for it and the road show guy pulled out $ 2000 to give to her and she looked at me and I said maybe $8000,,,, she took $5000 for it,, didn't take a dime from her and she was willing to give me a few $$$$ wa s around 350 .. THIS HOBBY IS ALOT OF FUN AND HAVE MET SOME REALY NICE GUYS,, Have all so seen some dealers go to the dark side,,, .. thats is why I don't collect Civil war any more,, most of the guns and swords at the shows are not right.. sorry for the words, just had too say something... Bill ANY member or dealer that I can help I will HELP,, some day I will need the help

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I've been a collector for 50 years and have developed close friendships with many dealers. I can not understand why some collectors feel antipathy toward dealers. Certainly there are some bad apples, but in truth most of those don't last long in the business. On the other had, over the years I've gotten some great British guns from Dave Crowley, Val Forgett, Thad Scott and Jim Goergen. Now a days, as often as not, when I decide to sell guns, they go to Joe Salter. He pays a fair price and adds a fair mark up. When I mentioned this on another website, I received a number of notes berating me for not selling directly to collectors, but the truth is without dealers like Trinity Arms beating the bushes there would not be much for any of us to buy.

·
Gunboards Sponsor
249 Posts
you guys are correct in your statements or the kind ones anyway..i turned trinity arms to a serious collector who at the least may have a chance at what he doesent have by being honest, more so than the rude ones..in life one good turn deserves another

1 - 8 of 8 Posts