Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering a trade into a barreled action, and need a stock for a Sako m39/44.

Have been searching the web, and find only ATI aftermarket stocks. Not much (a polite way of saying nothing) in wood, and only one military stock for $99.

So where's a guy to go if he needs a nice piece of wood to put his barrelled action into.

HELP !

·
Premium Member
105,519 Posts
You're gonna spend over a bill, minimum, for the stock, let alone all the hardware that goes on it.

·
Copper Bullet member
1,874 Posts
I have a beater M39 stock that you can have if you think that you have the carpentry skills to repair it. You mention that you are in CA but are moving to NC soon. I'm going to take a wild guess and say Camp Pendleton or Miramar. If you want to drive down and pick it up, that's fine with me. PM me.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm pretty good with wood, but have opted to spend $69 for a Boyd's laminated stock with a pistol grip, and a cheek piece. Authentic isn't what this one's about. Just want a nice shooter. The barreled action is a VKT and has a perfect bore. Metal looks nice enough. Maybe some day a mil stock will come along, and I'll re-mil it! In the mean time, I'll have a nice comfortable shooter.

Regards

David

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.