Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was given a good condition navy marked ordnance revolver, it has the key, but is missing the lanyard, and the grips are some oversized smooth things. I take it from my searches, parts are not commonly available, and it is most probably I'll have to find a tired gun to get the parts I want. Anyone find grips and lanyard locally or know of a sad used revolver for sale?

Thanks

Frank

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just decided to get creative. I ground down the grips on my belt sander to original profile and stained them. I then found an extra quick detatch uncle mikes stud that had a machine threaded shaft, put it into the drill press, used a small file to make a slot into the shaft, cut and turned the rest of it smooth, and voila, replacement lanyard swivel. I bent a piece of music wire around a mandrel, and cut and blued the whole thing, and it now looks the part. Took around an hour.

I'd still be interested in "official" parts if anyone knows of a source, but my immediate need is satisfied:)

Frank

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.