Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I enjoyed all the Browning Hi Pics. I also have taken a liking to them. I have one that I have a question on that maybe you can answer. About three years ago I picked a 613 Waffenamt marked hipower in the 58,000 serial range. Tangent sight and no stock slot. The gun came with a nice holster and extra mag. Finish on both mags is identical so I would have to think that they have been together for a long time. I am going from memory here because the gun is at home and I am at work but I believe both mags are also 613 marked and one mag is serialed to the gun. Now I know mags where not serialed from the factory so who did it? I would have to assume that the gun is a vet bring back as it was purchased in a shop for an unbelivable price to settle an estate.
Thanks
David

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
67,618 Posts
Where is the serial number on the magazine? How was it applied (engraved, stamped, etc.)

I will be at NGD also. This is a nice show for me - only 102 miles - door to door.

·
67,618 Posts
Also, what are the markings on the holster ??

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Charlie
Serial is stamped on the bottom of the mag.
I am going to NGD, about 300 mile drive for me but well worth it. Are set up or just visiting. I can bring it along with me.
Thanks
David

·
67,618 Posts
Bring it along if you want to. Will be glad to look at it. I will have two tables. Rod Herrmann, two others and myself have tables together. Helps to have other people who will aid in watching the tables.

Last time we were in 'G' or 'H'. Ron D. has been moving up about a little bit the last few shows.

Rod comes from Pittsburgh so his drive is probably close to 300 miles. One of the other guys comes from NY so his trip is a lot longer, still less than the 640miles to Kansas City.

At NGD I try to sell things. At Kansas City I set up a display of Hi-Powers from period from 1930 to 1945. (Last January was a bad trip as on the way home I saw 36 cars/trucks still in the median of I-70. Yet there were some people still speeding.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts