Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get an ID on this C96 Broomhandle Mauser Pistol. It does have Chinese markings but I am unsure if it was produced in China or A Chinese contract pistol. Does anyone know what the markings are? It appears to be parts of 3 different pistols. Any help would be appreciated.

Finestkind

·
Gold Bullet member
2,671 Posts
Screams Chinese manufacture to me. Look at the "Mauser" lettering. The Germans would never been that sloppy.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
9,096 Posts
Many Broomhandles were made in China, which was also the largest buyer from Mauser for years after the pistol was regarded as outdated in the West. Serial numbers on most Mauser-manufactures can date the manufacture, but Chinese replicas don't have such numbers.

You need to do a good bit more research and perhaps talk to one of the Broomhandle restoration experts (find them online) for an ID. Don't restore it as this would detract from value, but ask for help with ID.

The Chinese characters indicate Chinese ownership but manufacture should be determined by an expert from better pictures.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.