Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
There aren't any unless you count the depot reworked M95M which exist though they are not common. I suppose it is possible that there are some depot marked M95, M95/30, or older M90 floating around (they were used during the war), but I've never seen one.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm not really up on these, but it seems that I bought two short rifles or carbines maybe 25 years ago from SOG along with a case of the 38-39 German 8x56R ammo, just to shoot. Both of those had Nazi markings including a stamped marking on the buttstock. Shot one of them for one session for about 20 rounds and sold it right after. The recoil was too heavy for me - powerful cartridge in a too small and light a gun. I don't know much about them. I think that I paid $39.95 each at the time.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I'm not really up on these, but it seems that I bought two short rifles or carbines maybe 25 years ago from SOG along with a case of the 38-39 German 8x56R ammo, just to shoot. Both of those had Nazi markings including a stamped marking on the buttstock. Shot one of them for one session for about 20 rounds and sold it right after. The recoil was too heavy for me - powerful cartridge in a too small and light a gun. I don't know much about them. I think that I paid $39.95 each at the time.
The WaA623 marked M95/30 imported by (I think) Navy Arms are all fake. That is probably what you had.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yep, that's what is on the one I have left. So they were M95/30 models - I didn't know. There are the nazi marks on the stock and three marks on the right side of the barrel. The stock, receiver and barrel numbers match - was that faked too? Couldn't find a number on the bolt. Lots of markings on the barrel chamber area. I haven't shot this one at all - the first one was enough for me. I just kept it around as a display piece when I used to give WW1 lectures to schools as a "type specimen". Never really cared about the markings. Oh well. Thanks for the info, Ryan.

·
Administrator
12,316 Posts
Why don't you do this in the Trader? If you were looking for pictures - OK, but you want to acquire it. What in the forum rules is unclear about WTB/WTT ads?

·
Registered
19,309 Posts
There aren't any unless you count the depot reworked M95M which exist though they are not common. I suppose it is possible that there are some depot marked M95, M95/30, or older M90 floating around (they were used during the war), but I've never seen one.
I have one (M95M), what marks would I be looking for? and where?

·
Registered
3,611 Posts

·
Registered
19,309 Posts
it has the yogoslav triangle, but the stock was sanded so I can't tell which arsenal mark was used
as far as I can tell, there are no dirty birds on it. it's a Cav set up, but stock was cut??? so it's missing the front band and bayonet lug
otherwise, excellent condition and full matching, no re strikes/line outs that I can see.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
it has the yogoslav triangle, but the stock was sanded so I can't tell which arsenal mark was used
as far as I can tell, there are no dirty birds on it. it's a Cav set up, but stock was cut??? so it's missing the front band and bayonet lug
otherwise, excellent condition and full matching, no re strikes/line outs that I can see.
The bands, bolt, buttplate, triggerguard and other parts were usually EP'd with the rifle serial number. Old serial numbers will have a line EP'd through them. They are hard to see on most of them. Bolts will also be blued in most cases.

Here is a good example reworked at Mainz: http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?p=2299636

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.