Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just picked up a copy of "the M1 Garand complete assembly guide" by walt kuleck and clint mckee. I havent gotten all the way through it, but it is a good read so far. It has pretty good pictures showing what parts are still good, and what parts are worn out. As wel as diffrent styles of parts over the years.
I am wondering if there are any good books out there that show all the things you can do to accurize a garand? My main "want" is one that has good photos showing each step and exactly what they are doing at each step.

So any good books out there?

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
The best ever done is the massive Jerry Kuhnhausen's "The US Gas Operated Service Rifles, M1 and M14: A Shop Manual".

This has EVERYTHING known about rebuilding, repair, parts replacement, and everything on how to Match condition them.
It includes photos, drawings, and specs, literally everything known about them.

Buy it from Midway or other online sources:

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=582340

·
Registered
930 Posts
That was going to be my recommendation--the Kuhnhausen shop manual.

As suggested I would also check the CMP forum--their articles are far superior to the fluff pieces generally found online. They have a detailed section on M1 disassembly/reassembly.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The Kuhnhausen shop manual is what I used to accurize my primary Match Grade.

For results..... see my tagline. ;)

Best to all,
Swampy

Garands forever

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.