Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for the book " The Forgotten Winchesters: A History of the Models 1905, 1907, and 1910 Self-Loading Rifles. The book was published in 1995 and there are supposedly 500 of them floating around in the wild. I have seen prices range from $300 for a great condition used copy to $500 for a signed copy in mint condition. If anyone has one they want to let go or know of any for sale- let me know. Thank you

·
Registered
527 Posts
This book by John Henwood also covers the 1905 and 1910 self-loaders as well. There is a smaller book "Winchester Model 07 Self-Loading .351 Caliber: Its Past and Its Future with Modern Brass, Bullets and Powder" by Leonard Speckin. If of interest, you might contact Mr. Speckin at his email [email protected]. He still had some copies at around $30 2 or 3 years ago when I got my copy. Mr. Speckin's book is geared even more towards reloading and maintenance than Mr. Henwood's book was although both cover what history they knew.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the book by Leonard which he is still selling for $35. I have spoken with Leonard as well and he is helping design a new buffer and spring for the 1907.
I am just looking for the Henwood book as I do not have that one yet and I like as much information as possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts