Shopping for a nice AG 42

TIA
Cheers
MJ

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
2,661 Posts
In the United States?

Remember - this is an international forum. We must provide some degree of geographical familiarity for our non-U.S. brethren so they don't sit and scratch their heads wondering where MJ lives and where he's seeking to purchase a Ljungman. Mmmmmm....?

I know but I'm not telling.

Dutchman

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
200 miles South of you.

MJ

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I think that a 42 may be a tough find...might have to "settle" for a 42b. You said nice, not cheap. :eek: Allan's Armory had a nice one recently - if it is gone, he may be able to find another. http://www.allans-armory.com/aa.php Might also try Empire Arms and keep an eye on the trader. They show up unexpectedly. DDR

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Silly me what’s the difference between 42 and 42b??

MJ

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
2,661 Posts
Silly me what’s the difference between 42 and 42b??

MJ
There aren't really any more Ag42. For all intents and purposes they were all upgraded to "b".

The horn nubs on the bolt carrier were one of the upgrades. Some other minor things. Two piece cleaning rod replaced with standard m/96 rod. Stainless steel gas tube.

This is where you want to visit to learn all about the Ljungman from
our friends at the Gothia Arms Historical Society:
http://gotavapen.se/gota/artiklar/ag42/ag42eng.htm

Dutchman

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,091 Posts
AG42b upgrade

You will only find the AG42b Ljungman rifles in the USA . Many were inported into the USA in the mid 1990's by Century Arms in the $250 price range .

The " B " model had several updated modifications . I believe that page was lost in the last move . Some mods were a stainless steel gas tube & 2nd catch on the magazine . There may have been as many as 8 or 9 mods , if I remember correctly . Perhaps someone else knows all of the differant mods .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts