Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
15,733 Posts
Why is it that new guys never read the rules???

·
Registered
56 Posts
When someone new comes to our community, and thus to our sport of collecting and continuing traditions, do not turn them off to the community by bashing them and talking down to them.

When the New guy, breaks a "rule"... point it out, ask him to do better, and WELCOME him to the community. Enough said. We were all new at one point. We ALL broke someone else's rules once. Now stop being grumpy old people.

I'm probably going to upset some people with this post... learn from it and move on. I've learned from many of you, bought from many of you, and have paid it forward where I could.

Best to all,

- a grumpy old person

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Burn him down, issue the black spot !

Get out the ban-stick !

Don't get caught pm-ing him about that scope !!

·
2,756 Posts
We pride ourselves here as being possibly the least moderated group on the site, possibly on the planet (the round earth anyway). We owe it all to the members who frequent this forum as being some of the most friendly and helpful individuals you would ever find.
In saying that, one of the most serious infractions across the site is the promotion of auctions... Either unknowingly by someone who is not associated with the sale or by the seller himself trying anonymously to set up for a higher price.
There are also lots of very keen collectors here that are regularly scanning auction sites for the budgies tooth they have sought for years or even just any bargain priced purchase. Bottom line is, they are doing lots of legwork for their very rare wins. To have something they are bidding on suddenly thrust up for the masses who are not actively doing their own legwork, but all too eager to swoop on the opportunistic information is downright wrong.
Gunboards took the position because of these reasons (and possibly others) to not allow posting of live auctions on the site.
I am happy to see a couple of the members mention to the OP about the rules before any intervention from mods... It shows they understand and respect the reasoning behind the rule.

Cheers people.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.