Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
11,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yes, I was able to get it down to about that much. And fortunately, a fellow forum member is hooking me up with a set of LB wood.

I meant to photo the stock mark under the tang, but it is as one would expect for an LB.

You know what kills me on this? Bubba went through the trouble of hacking, sanding and staining the front end, but he probably never fired it. There is still a thin sheet of cosmo in the battle sight aperture!

I notice that the crown is a bit deeper than other No4's I have, kind of like some Finn M39's. Was this a Long Branch thing they did? Crown is very nice though.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,612 Posts
Don't know if the crown was a Canadian thing. Do you have a picture of it? I could compare it to my two Maltbys, both of which have two groove rifling.

·
Gold Bullet member
11,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Don't have a photo handy, but the bullet picture reveals about half of the visible bullet between the case mouth and lands. Just a more recessed crown.

Did you notice the plastic zip-tie on the muzzle? This is what held the CAI info tag on, and another reason I think it's unfired since import. Oh why couldn't he have just left the rifle alone?!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.