Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening all. Recently I purchased a Long Branch #4MK1*. The bbl has been cut back to approximately 22", parker hale sight ramp, forend also shortened and tapered, standard military buttstock. I was told (taken with a grain of salt) that this was either a parker hale rifle or one from golden state arms. The sight ramp has the dovetail that approximates the standard dovetail as found on the standard #4 series of rifles. Two groove barrel. I've spent the last few evenings cleaning it and at long last its starting to look nice. Could anyone tell me what is the height of the sight insert that came with these parker hale rifles. I've since been on another forum and another poster had a rifle quite similar to mine and it was identified as a parker hale rifle. It also had a sante fe 4 round magazine. I've managed to remove all the surface rust using IOSSO bore cleaning compound. Did not mess up the blueing at all. The barrel as I stated is a two groove barrel. Got some junk in the grooves that is stubborn, but I'm even more stubborn. I'd like to find a proper sight insert for this rifle. No markings on the wood. Its walnut and appears to have been refinished at some point in time. The origional back sight was the 300-600 flipper. That has been replaced with a milled back sight spare for the #4 rifle. The stock forend near the forend tip is cracked and will use a small wooden dowel and wood glue to close it up. The usual dings and nicks show up on both the forend and buttstock. These will be steamed and raised then stock refinished.Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks,Frank

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.