Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys go Way Back.

If you're having trouble with logins PM Slim Tim. I miss the Old Timers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Can a person who is not logged in PM someone? I thought that PM was only available after a member logged in; if the password is being rejected, and the reset password is not functioning (as it happened to me), then it is impossible to PM or to even post a message to the board.

I ended up creating a temporary new user and getting a password that way, so I could contact the site admin; unless something has changed very recently to allow PM to an admin from someone not logged in, or to have a working "contact us" method, the same method I was required to use will be necessary for others with login problems.

·
Super Moderator
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now that you mention it One of Many - I guess they would have a hard time sending a PM!

One method is to email Vic: [email protected] - but I think right now he's buying tanks in Finland. He helped me reset my password.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,263 Posts
I read at one time that you didn't have to be logged in to post in the help forum. I don't know if indeed that is true, perhaps someone can test it.

SlimTim

·
Registered
430 Posts
You mean old members of the flock have went astray? Somebody is bound to know their email address or something.

BTW, who was it who used to have an icon of a flag or something they used to post after an idiot comment.......I got a kick out of that.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have one question. What was so special about December 1969? Meaning, gotta love the significance of the year but was there such an extraordinary surge in related activity because of the cold weather?

Sure...we know that during the summer Jimmy quit and Jody got married, but frankly, I always assumed that Jody was a he.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Thanks!

My uncle has had that problem, can't get the password to change. Thanks for the advice, I will pass it on to him. :cool:

·
Registered
226 Posts
What? Did I miss something?

I'm still alive, just busier than all get out with work, church, kids/family, job hunting, serving as a director at teh local gun club, leading Cub Scouts...you name it.

Still have and love my Makarovs - except for those commercial versions disposed of in the big Makarov sell-off of 2006. I think a few folks here benefited from that sale. Haven't made any "new" Makarov purchases in quite a while and don't imagine I will unless I run across the Holy Grail - a Chinese military version.

Bought my first scoped rifle ever this year - a Savage .17HMR bolt gun. What a tack-driver!! Also, I took my oldest child out hunting for the first time this year. He did OK on his first squirrel hunt, but opening day of dove season was too much for him. Here in TN, they have this screwy regulation that you can't start shooting until NOON on opening day. On the WMA fields where I hunt, you have to get there by 10AM or you don't get a decent spot. So, we entered the sunflower field around 10AM and sat around waiting for the birds to arrive. At about 2:30PM, after enduring several hours of blistering summer heat and humidity, he was done with the whole experience and packed it in without ever firing a shot out of his new Remington 870 youth 20ga. Too bad for him as I stayed behind and limited out.

Anyway, I'll do my best to live up to my "old-timer" reputation and visit a bit more often.

·
Super Moderator
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello LD!

You have a good profession to look for work in, so I'm guessing that will turn out Ok.

Welcome back old timer.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Still have and love my Makarovs - except for those commercial versions disposed of in the big Makarov sell-off of 2006.
For those of us who are still in the early stages of learning about Maks, can you tell us more about that event?

·
Banned
10,845 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
For those of us who are still in the early stages of learning about Maks, can you tell us more about that event?
Oh, he sold off a bunch of his non-military Maks last year. But he probably still has more than I do!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts