Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any sure fire way to clean the locking lugs in the receiver?
I have tried the brush in the drill, patches with ed's-red even my finger.
I still have light rust ( blood rust) and think that is part of the reason for hard operation.
Any ideas would be appreciated!

survivalist

·
Super Moderator
11,675 Posts
Field manuals of that time refer to cleaning with "wooden sticks" and "patches, soaked in oil" to clean all the nooks & crannies. I have seen several sets of these home-made (barracks-made?) wooden sticks, used for cleaning difficult spots.

So, DIY as needed.

PS. Here are excerpts from the 30's manual on M.95

·
Registered
414 Posts
Easy ways, no; taking the action out and sticking the receiver end in an ultrasonic cleaner should do it though. What type of gun?

·
Copper Bullet member
395 Posts
I have a set of dentists tools that have various tip shapes and bend angles to them that can get at pretty much anything. I also find a toothbrush soaked in Kroil works well too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Deep Cleaning

Next time the lady of the house is going to be gone for several hours....Get a deep pot, one that will hold enough water to completely submerge the action and some of the chamber. Fill the pot, with the action securely propped up as high as safe. Turn on the stove and boil it for 10 minutes or so. Can't hurt to add some dish soap to the water. When removed from the boiling water, turn off the stove, then take the action outside and blow it out with compressed air. Clean and lubricate. Can also be done outside on a gas grille but will take longer if it's a windy day.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Does anyone have any sure fire way to clean the locking lugs in the receiver?
I have tried the brush in the drill, patches with ed's-red even my finger.
I still have light rust ( blood rust) and think that is part of the reason for hard operation.
Any ideas would be appreciated!

survivalist
With this type of action hard extraction is more often than not due to a worn/defective extractor or a dirty corroded chamber.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts