Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this one locally for $149 plus tax. Apart from being cheap, it also has the bonus of having the cleaning rods in the buttstock. The rifle was packed full of grease when I got it. So much so, that the trigger assembly was frozen in place. No import marks I can find.

Attachments

·
Silver Bullet Member
4,190 Posts
I like that. Just getting the feel of the Italian military firearms. Kind of getting the itch and I am trying to age out of this collecting/accumulating hobby. Full of cosmoline so probably not a bring back. Was there such a thing as bringback of Italian weapons? Also, no import mark, so when would the Carcanos have been imported originally.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like that. Just getting the feel of the Italian military firearms. Kind of getting the itch and I am trying to age out of this collecting/accumulating hobby. Full of cosmoline so probably not a bring back. Was there such a thing as bringback of Italian weapons? Also, no import mark, so when would the Carcanos have been imported originally.
I have 2 bring back Carcanos. One is a duffle cut M41 and the other is a m38 in 6.5. They are out there.

·
Registered
33 Posts
That's a great deal you scored on that rifle, with cleaning rods still inside! I love non-import marked milsurps. The 60's imports were fine and had nice, discreet stamps on the barrel but the new, lasered ones really stand out and ruin the look of the rifle in my opinion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.