Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
9,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are any T 14 shooters using ammunition from LoadX?
I'd like to try some, but their minimum order is 5 boxes, so before I plunk down over $200 I'd like to know if this ammo works.

I've reported my experiences - bad -with the 8 mm Nambu sold by Precision Cartridge Inc. This ammunition is weak and does not generate sufficient recoil energy in my 1936 T 14*. It does not eject reliably, and causes "stovepipes" which batter and bend the extractor.

*The T 14 is in excellent condition. I have installed Wolff springs.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Nope, never used any. If you do use it, keep us posted on the results.

·
Kryptonite member
5,773 Posts
Don't know about the co. you are asking about, but Garfield's Dad loads 8mm Nambu and he will stand behind his loads (but not in front!) No limit on your purchase, you can buy one or 100 boxes. [email protected]

·
Gold Bullet member
9,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks, Ronin48, for the suggestion; I'll send him a query.
And of course I meant the "stovepipes" bend the extractor when the bolt tries to close on it.
(Original post edited.)

BTW I ordered and obtained some parts from Don Schlickman - striker, extractor, striker spring guide, mag safety spring plunger - as well as a cleaning rod. He does some really superb machining. Now all I need is some reliable ammo. The Precision Cartridge ammo is very accurate as far as grouping goes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts