Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here are some pics of the LMG sling i got with the rifle. the rifle turned out to be mismatched but it has a nice mum and the finish is awesome! it was packed in cosmoline so that really helped it out. its a series 5 Nagoya with staked screws and AA rear sights but no pod. i dont think the pod was ever installed on this rifle because there are no wera marks at the fron or rear band. i think its a keeper because of the surrender tag on it. the LMG sling that came with it is in awesome condition! its stiff but its super nice. still not sure what i want to do with it yet but its been on that 99 for awhile as there are wear marks in the stock from the quick detach clips. here are come pics of the hardware for you sling guys!

·
Silver Bullet member
15,623 Posts
Jarrod,
thanks for the pictures.
Nice sling, I'll bet an 'oversize' Japanese soldier scrounged that sling for his rifle.

Most of the real 99 slings are a little too short to fit a guy with a big frame. A LMG sling might be just right for a Sumo wrestler turned soldier. JMHO.

Neat rifle with the surrender tag, since it was 'free' you may feel free to send it to me for safe keeping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts