Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
I like em all. But really like Marlins
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Larry or Mikey..Either of you have a spare rear sight for a Llama XV 22..I picked one up with adjustable rear sight recently. It is way too high...If not maybe you know of a replacement that might fit. Even if I have to do some fitting?

The one on there I have to put the front blade way at the bottom of the rear sight groove..I would make a taller front but I do not even know how they are in there..Soldered maybe? Staked?

I would trade the adjustable type for a fixed one too..

·
Silver Bullet Member
557 Posts
I will swap your adjustable sight for the correct fixed sight. PM me with your info.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Larry..One thing about the adjutsable. It is cut a little deeper in the groove than normal I think. Probably not a big deal..But if it is, I would just buy the rear sight you have.

Will try to send a PM..If I cannot, I have had trouble doing it before. You can email me at:
[email protected].

Actually Larry I may be able to email you..I think I have your email already..Will try that right now also..

I will try to send a PM right now..Thanks Bruce

·
Silver Bullet Member
557 Posts
I got the email.
I sent you a PM to see if it works for you.
We'll figure this out.
I am not worried about your sight.
It is what it is!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Larry

One more thing..The adjustable I have is right at .373 wide So near a 3/8ths dovetail I suppose..Does that sound right?..I will include the little ball with it too..Thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Larry

One more thing..The adjustable I have is right at .373 wide So near a 3/8ths dovetail I suppose..Does that sound right?..I will include the little ball with it too..Thanks

Larry I may have a problem..I wander if the adjustable I have is from a Llama 45 full size or something.. It seems like the dovetail width is alot wider on mine I am looking for the replacment sight for. Compared to my other 1956 one, it seems alot narrower dovetail. So someone may have cut the groove wider to fit the adjustable.

Well if you can meausure the width on the one you have..We can go from there I guess..Thanks and sorry to be a bother..Bruce

·
Silver Bullet Member
557 Posts
No worry about the width. I also sell the parts for the Llama .45. If it has been filed and does not work, no problem. The ball and the 2 side screws are worth the trade. I am not worried. I would have sent you the sight, no charge, anyway. Since you can't use the sight you have, maybe I can? No worries. we are good!
Larry

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Problem is Larry, if I send you the one I have and yours does not work, I will not have anything at all to use. LOL

If you want to..Send the one up if you cannot measure the width of the one you have there..If it fits, great. If it does not..I will have to live with the adjustable one I have just to have one at all. Hope I am not confusing you..

Thanks

·
Silver Bullet Member
557 Posts
No problem.
I'll send the one I have. See if it fits.
If not, send it back. If it does, send the one you have now.
Easy!
You will get it up and going. I'm 98% sure the one I send is the one you need.
Is your Llama marked "Especial" on the slide?
We'll figure it out.
No worries!
Larry

·
Silver Bullet Member
557 Posts
I looked at the pictures you posted.
It is an Especial marked Llama.
The sights I have are for the Especial model.
I also have the small adjustable sight if that ends up being what you need.
Larry

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yes both mine are Especials..Problem is I think my current dovetail width may have been modified to wider than it is supposed to be..My dovetail measures right a 3/8ths of a inch now..I do not think the original dovetail was that wide on the little 22 Especial..Do you have a calipers? As I said I need a sight for a .375 dovetail slot..That seems alot bigger than the cut on my 100% original one is. If the one you have is not somewhere around for a .375, 3/8ths dovetail it is going to be way too small and just fall through my dovetail.

I am near 100% certain the dovetail on mine has been widened from original. The dovetail is visually smaller on my original especial with the correct sight..Thanks..Darnit..

·
Silver Bullet Member
557 Posts
I do have calipers and will measure the sight(s) in the morning.
It is possible it was filed by the last owner to get the wrong site to fix.
I also have fixed sights for the large frame Llamas as well.
I'll see what I have and let you know.
Larry

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Larry..Let me know..Maybe I just need a completely different slide that has the right sights,LOL

·
Silver Bullet Member
557 Posts
ok, measurements.
I measured width (left to right) and length (front to back)
Standard non-adj Especial sight: .614 W x .294 L
Adj sight: .533 w x .365 L
I hope this helps!
Larry

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Hey why don’t you guys dominate the post :mad: I did not even get a chance to volunteer to provide the parts. Ha ha a person scorned because he could not give stuff away... if you run into any snags I believe I have a couple of regular and Micro Max sights in the drawer. Hi Larry...a year in Texas and still becoming vertical in the morning.

·
Silver Bullet Member
557 Posts
Hey mikey! Vertical in the morning is a good thing!
I think WA would have been a better place to live than TX this past week.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You guys do get up early too.

Well I have no use for the adjustable sight.

.365 is close to what my dovetail is. I will do some more meausuring this morning and get a firmer spec..I do know my sight dovetail is closer to 3/8ths long than the than .294. The .294 seems about what the dovetail width is on my 1956 especial..Which I know is original. Thanks and talk to you guys later this morning.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The adjustable sight measures .370..So I assume my dovetail is right at that size..If you guys have a option that might fit that dovetail dimension.And the height would work that would be great..I did put this old sight I had here that is a 3/8 dovetail. Found it in my junk box, no idea what it came off of.It seems to sight in pretty good with my laser bore sighter, and looks OK..So if I have to live with his unknown one in there I can,LOL

·
Silver Bullet Member
557 Posts
I'm from the school of if it's not broke, don't fix it.
That sight fits and looks good and is fairly accurate.
I can't think of another way to go.
I'd put some Loc-Tite on it if you decide to go that route,

1 - 20 of 28 Posts