Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gent's

I don’t know much about modern Llama Pistols, I believe the one I am considering is a IIIA, as it had the rib on the slide. It is in excellent condition, finish and mechanically. I read that the the older >380s without the rib are of better quality and more desirable. My research seems to point out that people svn love them or hate them (The newer ones). I would like to hear from those who have first hand experience with them. I can get it for $250.00 OTD, which seems reasonable to me, based on just looks. What do you guys think? Thanks in advance for your help.

Victor

·
Silver Bullet Member
621 Posts
Personally, I have owned and still own several like you describe. I find them to be nice guns especially for the money. The biggest issue is having a good recoil spring since none can be found. If the recoil spring is good, it will feed and function fine. If it is worn, it will stovepipe and not cycle properly.

The going rate for a Llama as you describe is right around $300. $250 OTD is a good price if it has a good recoil spring. Llamas prefer hotter European ammo and stick with ball, not HP ammo. If you run the right ammo and it has a good spring it is well worth the money, IMO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.