Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a Llama Extra today as a companion to my Astra 400. Have plenty of Starline 9mm Largo brass ready to reload. Question is, since it doesn't have any proofs on it, can I guessitmate the production date of being in the late '30's? Serial # is 383xx. Looking at the Llama serial database at the top of the page, the late 1930's seem in the ballpark. Just trying to establish if it's a C&R. Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
Found a Llama Extra today as a companion to my Astra 400. Have plenty of Starline 9mm Largo brass ready to reload. Question is, since it doesn't have any proofs on it, can I guessitmate the production date of being in the late '30's? Serial # is 383xx. Looking at the Llama serial database at the top of the page, the late 1930's seem in the ballpark. Just trying to establish if it's a C&R. Thanks
I also have a 1934 vintage Llama Extra 9mm/38 with a 5.5 inch barrel. Mine is #318xx. It is an amazing 1911 clone. I also have a 1912 vintage Colt 1911. The major parts except the Colt's 5 inch barrel interchange perfectly although I would never attempt to fire either one with the other's parts. I have never had 9mm largo ammunition but have fired 38 super (100 rounds) and 9mm (hundreds of rounds) through mine with zero malfunctions. Both could have served in the Spanish Civil War. Mine is incredibly accurate. I assume yours is also.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The '38" in 9mm/38 likely means .38 Auto, similar in pressure and performance to the 9mm Largo. The .38 Super (.38 Super Auto) is a hopped up .38 Auto, which as said should not be fired in 9mm Largo.

You could load .38 Super casings to .38 Auto / 9mm Largo pressures and all should be fine, as your pistol is marked 9mm/38. Just don't push the performance level when loading.

I also have a 1934 vintage Llama Extra 9mm/38 ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.