Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to share some photos of my Llama Especial. This pistol was my Dad’s and I have had it since he passed away a few years ago. I don’t know how long he owned it, but I recall it being around as far back as I can remember.

It was the only pistol he owned and he kept it underneath his mattress with three rounds loaded in the magazine lol! Never could figure that one out. I knew it was there, but also knew not to touch it without him around until I was older. We used to take it out and plink at cans every once in a while. I have always really liked the look and feel of the pistol and it has always functioned reliably.

Attachments

·
Silver Bullet Member
596 Posts
Nice pistol with great memories!
Enjoy it.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Under one of the grips (probably left one) you will find proof marks and a number and letter stamp Show a photo and the pistol can be dated. Just guessing I would say late sixties.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Under one of the grips (probably left one) you will find proof marks and a number and letter stamp Show a photo and the pistol can be dated. Just guessing I would say late sixties.
I found what appears to be a very lightly struck 37, but nothing else. There are some proof marks and maybe an N near the trigger guard. Photos attached.

Attachments

·
Silver Bullet Member
596 Posts
That does show an "N" making it a 1942 or 1943 if that is a tilde over the N. Nice gun!

·
Silver Bullet Member
596 Posts
I doubt Llama was making these in the middle of WW2, and I don't think the early ones had a vent rib, but I could be wrong.
I agree! If you look close you can see a faint "2". N2 would be 1994/1995 but this Llama has an internal extractor and is stamped "Especial" which they stopped doing in the early 70s. Perhaps an old slide on a newer frame?

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Well there ya go….Larry when did Llama start with the vent rib slide? I have seen early sixties solid rib slides.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts