Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've an opportunity to purchase a nice looking .380 Llama IIIA with a N2 proof code which I believe indicates it was made in 1994. This looks to be a very well made pistol but I've heard past complaints of the build quality/reliability of these guns that were made in the 70's and 80's. Does anyone have any experience with the Llama IIIA's that were built in the mid 90's? I'm really drawn to this gun but don't want to end up with something so unreliable it ends up being an expensive paperweight. Any advice would be appreciated.

· Registered
983 Posts
go for it.

Pistol that late should be of decent quality.
If it does not look obviously abused, and the price is right, I'd not be afraid of it.
But then, I have 6 Llama .380s at the moment, and contemplating another, so i may be a bit biased ;)

For that matter, I bought a beater .380 that was made in 1980. I cleaned and refinished it, replaced a couple of broken parts, and it works just fine. This from one of those that stays away from those 1970s-1980s guns in general. I think my biggest objection is the cheesy slide rib and the plastic grips, but I've been able to get rid of both on this project gun.

So if you like it, buy it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.