Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Llama .45 last year. On the left side of the frame i the words Llama, Gabilondo Y Cia Vitoria( Espania). On the right of the frame is Llama Especial. It has a possible chrome finish and a lanyard loop on the mainspring pin. The serial # is 455xxx. Does it take standard G.I. magazines? It came with a ported bushing. Are these also G.I.spec. These are a lot of questions, but I am not sure of what I have. Thanks everyone for yous replies.

·
Registered
579 Posts
snub, the earlier Llamas took a mag with a wider baseplate. If you look above the triggerguard you will see a datecode, I think they changed to std 1911 mags around H2. Some parts are 1911 interchangeable, go to M1911 Forum, under the Llama section there is a sticky listing std parts.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
The Llamas has some differences from the the original 1911's. One big difference is the is extracter, external versus internal. I believe the grips aren't even interchangable because the screw bushings are located the same.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The letter code is N1 from what I can read. Funny, it came with those Pacmyre grips with the wood and rubber inserts, but would not take standard grips, the holes did not line up.

·
Registered
579 Posts
snub, N1 = 1968.The baseplate on the mag with your gun should be wider than normal. Pachmyr grips work because of the flex of the rubber, JB is right the spacing is wider as I remember. Go to Ebay or Gunbroker and you will find sellers that make custom grips for Llamas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts