Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there everyone,

I have some questions concerening my llama 380.

How can I tell when it was manufactured?

I bought some parts for it: sear, and some springs. After taking it apart for a very much need good cleaning. I cant get it to function properly. When the hammer is cocked it wont stay down. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong in putting it back together?

Where is a good place to get some grips for it? ( Some nice wooden ones )

Where is a good place for parts?

Thanks in advance!

Rchjr1956

·
Registered
983 Posts
Some answers

Year of manufacturer - every Spanish pistol has a letter date code. Check the sticky at the top of the forum. It is about Star pistols, but the code is the same.

Hammer not staying cocked? I just finished a refurb of a very ugly .380, and had the same problem. Turns out the sear spring was shifted to the left a very small amount. I pushed it back to the right (centered) so the fingers fell in the right place. It has been fine since then.

Parts - Numrich. Star on this board has some Llama parts I think. There is also a seller on GunBroker that always has some Llama parts listed. That may be the same guy (Jorge).
Also Lee's Gun Parts in irving TX has some parts. And they turn up on ebay.
What parts do you need?

Grips - I think GunGripGuys.com sells them. They also list them on ebay.
I bought some from a guy in Texas recently.
http://tulskii.com/aboutus4s.html
This guy mostly does this as a hobby so you have to be patient, but he does some nice stuff, made to order, at a very reasonable price.
Here's the one I just finished.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.