Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,948 Posts
Beware of after market mags . For only $40 each , I suspect that is what they are . Ljungman rifles were only issued one mag per rifle & were intended to be loaded by stripper clips . So , extras are RARE . Price $100/$150 range when you can find originals .

9,948 Posts
I have 2 types of original Swedish Ljungman mags . These have the spring latch at the front & lug on the rear , for the mag well release lever on the rifle .

First , Crown/C & B on front edge , Crown on bottom .

Second , J inside a circle & B on the front edge , B on bottom .

I have not seen the repros , so I do not know what they look like .

9,948 Posts
The spring catch at the front was a " B " modification in the mid-'50's . If there is a " B " stamped on the one missing the spring catch , then it is broken off . Impossible to replace . It will work without the spring catch , as the first Ljungman mags only had the rear lug . Sounds like a deal to good to be true . I do not know what the Egyptian Hakim mags look like ? Maybe you should ask over on the Middle Eastern Forum for details . The Swedes supplied the machinery to make the Hakim under license . I don't know if they would use Swedish crowns on the Hakim mags ???????

I found this photo of a Hakim mag :

http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab199/maxvauderk/P8070684.jpg

These are not machined on the sides for the spring catch .

Here is the marking on a Hakim mag :

http://forums.gunboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=284598&d=1266176043

9,948 Posts
Well this is your lucky day . Go buy a few Lotto tickets . It couldn't hurt . Hang on to your AG42b mags if you shoot a lot . There are few replacement parts available .

I don't know if the MG-13 mags will work in an AG42b rifle ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.