Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I hope this went to someone who knows what it is, since it was billed as an AG42B.
I certainly couldn't afford that amount.
If one of you reading this bought it, though, I know Ian Mc'Collum's Article on Forgotten Weapons is missing a picture of one with the metal hand guard removed so you can see the short stroke piston, and I haven't seen a video from him about it.

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,681 Posts
Why change the caliber to 305 Win ???????? Never heard of that . I think they were 7.62 NATO ? Or maybe he made a mistake and hit the wrong number , 308 Win. ?????

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Best I can tell it was a misspoke on a keyboard numpad. Seller probably had a .308 winchester round on hand checked it saw it fit and had a typo occur while entering the info. And it would be 7.62 NATO but the two cartridges are almost identical externally.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I'm not mistaken that one is a different gun than the one in the gun broker auction, the one Dutchman posted has some tape on the barrel in front of the barrel band and I believe it has been posted on these forums before.

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,681 Posts
Back in the mid-90's , SARCO had , I believe 3 of the fm58 or fm59 rifles for sale at $5000 each . I do not know if any of these are the same 3 or maybe more were found & imported later . I saved two photos off of their website . They were not fast sellers , as they were on their website for a long time , unsold .

Photograph White Wood Air gun Trigger

1 - 10 of 10 Posts