Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
1,295 Posts
Wow that is an amazing work. Thank you Fritz.

Has anyone noticed on page 11 of the Vapen-Depoten catalog that the caliber for the HVA rifles 46b and 646 are labeled as 6.5x54. I wonder why?
I think it is just a typo in the catalog. Husqvarna never cataloged the 6.5x54 as an offering in any rifle that I have ever seen, and I have a lot of Husqvarna catalogs from the 20's, 30's, 40's, and 50's.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
This is great! I've been wanting to see what was offered by Vapen Depoten in their catalogs. A valuable resource for making sense out of all the wonderful sporting rifles we've seen coming out of Sweden in recent years. I've already found a couple of my rolling block sporters listed. Thanks for posting this!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I'll have to look at my Norma 8x54 Krag ammo boxes, but I know Norma was loading that cartridge possibly before 1945. Vapen Depoten had been converting Swedish Mausers to 8x54 starting some time in the 1930s. There is an old post on the 8x54 and Vapen Depoten sporting rifles here on the forum that was an extensive look at the rifles and the cartridge. I think it survived the move to the new format.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.