Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took another step towards completing the "Lithgow Sporters" part of my collection the other day with the addition of a .410. Still need a couple of the .22 rifles, but edged a little closer and thought an updated pic was warranted.
The .410 single shot shotguns were made between the late 1940's and 1958 with a run of 7,266 manufactured on receivers drawn from stores.

Top to bottom,
Lithgow Single Shot Target Rifle
Mod24 .22Hornet
.410 Ga. Shotgun
Mod12 .22RF
Mod1b .22RF SS

·
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Brad, i have a 1941 Lithgow sporter, d&t for a scope & stamped DP so must be a former Darwin Police sniper rifle that i would be willing to part with for a highly inflated price (willing to trade.....a No6 maybe with a little cash my way) give me call :)
5th, It is truly tempting but I have already improved my No6 to a point where I couldn't part with it, not even for two Darwin Police snipers!

Yep, now you've seen it all... look on and weep in pure wonder at the beauty of the mega rare super special No6 HT/ LH

As for you, Lithy... nah, not going to collect the new ones... the newest rifle in my safe is the SS, and it's over 40. And the humble little .410 is the only shotgun I will ever own. Took many councelling sessions for my other Lithgows to accept it into the safe. I'm sure they would reject the copy of the yank cowboy gun, no matter how much coachwood it was wearing! (no offence intended toward our US members... bit of aussie humour going on)

·
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So much so i went and found one for myself. It has a 28" barrel to boot.;)
Hey, with a barrel that long you could hit the broad side of your barn (from the inside!)

·
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Son,
why don't you show your location.

I'm sure it causes puzzlement to many members here that don't know your are "down under".
apologies, 03man... I used to have it up many moons ago and dropped it last time the forum migrated hardware.

For anyone interested, I'm on the right side of Australia, bit under half way up and a little bit in from the edge. Look for the back yard with this bloke in it!

Dog breed Grass Dog Carnivore Snout

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.