Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I've also seen a lot of barrels both standard and heavy (with the rearsight bed removed) that appear to have been parkerized as a completed unit,as the barrel is white where the reasight bed has been.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
All the H.T.s that I have seen did not have the barrel numbered to the rifle unless they were FTR in the 1950s. I have seen a few high ( or medium) mounted HT rifles that looked like original H rifles that had been fitted with scopes. As they were done first it would make sense that what was in stock was used up first. Brian Labudda had one I looked at and it still had it's original British walnut furniture.

Edited to add...

The medium mount H.T.s that appeared to be converted from older H rifles did have barrels numbered (as far as I can remember) .......

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Someone here has a really nice medium mount with a transitional maple stock. I can't remember who. It may be an H rifle converted. Hopefully they will post pics.......Maybe someone with a HT will post pics of the barrel.... The front mount does make any serial number in the usual position a bit hard to see.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Lance has a high mount with a maple butt and forend, it’s on here somewhere.
Found it . A couple of anomalies, as well as the maple fore-end....WW2 action. Still has inner band ( well the screw is there, most had the hole plugged) . Early trigger guard without swivel. But it looks good and is on the list...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
You mentioned the inner band screw being present, but the screw in this photo is the rear sight protector screw. Or is there another photo you’ve seen?
Oops!!!! So it is. I'm sure one of the photos had 2 screws.......and now I can't find the thread again.....can I plead the Bundy defence........🤗

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
It is the inner band screw... its too close to the nosecap to be the other...also what is the marking between the SOS stamp and the nosecap... or is it just damage ?
No Aussie was right it is the rearsight guard screw, and I found the original post from lance, must have been seeing double...The other marking is Frederick Harts stamp, see pic..

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts