Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just picked up this oldie but I really don't know much history about it. Is there a way to determine what exact year it was manufactured? My serial # starts with 8XXX and only has four digits, and it still has that "patent pending"
Also, mine only has metal sights, would it be wise to have a scope installed?
Where can I also purchase spare mags for this as it only came with one. (I live in NZ)

Thanks for your replies.

·
Registered
349 Posts
not sure about the year of production for your rifle production started after WW2 I am not sure when SAF Lithgow stopped making them at I guess i'd say the '60's
they are a fantastic little rifle with a very good reputation for accuracy there was a peep sight made for them that mounted to the rear of the action (you dont see many ) as for the scope you could get it machined with a 3/8 dovetail
try here for your spare magazines www.gcshooters.com.au

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I just picked up this oldie but I really don't know much history about it. Is there a way to determine what exact year it was manufactured? My serial # starts with 8XXX and only has four digits, and it still has that "patent pending"
Also, mine only has metal sights, would it be wise to have a scope installed?
Where can I also purchase spare mags for this as it only came with one. (I live in NZ)

Thanks for your replies.

i,m not shore on how to find out what year your rifle was made but if it helps i do know they made them between 1946 and 1955 and came out with a 6 shot bibby mag but also had the option of buying a 10 shot and as for the iron sights or scope it,s all personal prefrance i got a 6-24x56 scope mounted and over 50m i group 5 shots under a 5cent piece and mags are hard to find i was lucky and found one in the bottom of a box of mags stashed in the back room of my local gun shop but i know that brno do make a mag that is almost a match with a little modifying will fit the only difference between the lithgow and the brno mags the brno mag has to tabs on the back grind them off the itll fit

1 - 3 of 3 Posts