Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently found a nice 1917 Lthgow No.1 MkIII with a nice deep minty barrel and what seems to be Australian FTR marks MA 1945. Overall in NRA VG+ shape wood and metal. Bolt and rifle and all parts match except magazine, which has a different serial number but is Australian arsenal marked. Butt looks dark wood and original, but the rest of the furniture is SLAZ coach wood, descreet JJCO mark on metal and does not seem to be a bitser. I am wondering if I should find the magazine cutoff parts and have those parts restored back to 1917 configuration? Did the FTR armorers take them off or was it done earlier? Appreciate any thoughts on this type of restortation and where proper parts might be located. I also put my 1917 dated canvas Enfiled sling on it and it looks great! I love the earlu Lithgow markings on the receiver sides.
Thanks for any information and thoughts.
---DD

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I want say "Thank You" to all here for their thoughts and advisement on this subject. I am going to leave the 1917 Lithgow, No. 1 MkIII FTR as found, sans cutoff slide. Historically correct after FTR and I just want to enjoy it as is, FTR'd by the armourer.
Lithgows are such fine rifles, so I will keep it as a steward of history's finest. Thank you all!
---DD

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.