Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Platinum Bullet Member
4,628 Posts
The cutoff would've almost certainly been removed during a late or post war reinspection/rework, if not before. I've got a 1918 Lithy that was gone over in the 50's...it's got the slot but no cutoff.

The cutoff was discontinued during WWI, made a reappearance between the wars, then was discontinued for good early in WWII.

· Platinum Bullet Member
4,628 Posts
Nothing at all unusual about that. I have yet to see any proof that any military or military procurement system anywhere in the world has ever been strictly in sync with the directive writers.

For example...LSA didn't get around to producing MkIII*s until 1918.

But I'd still be willing to bet that it'd be unlikely in the extreme that a cutoff plate would survive a late or post WWII FTR.

· Platinum Bullet Member
4,628 Posts
Also, my '18 LSA is a MkIII and has a cutoff. I surely wouldn't mind having an '18 LSA marked MkIII* to keep it company.
I was just thinking about how much I'd like to have an '18 LSA MkIII to keep my '18 LSA MkIII* company... ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.