Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Link filling machine, "Länkfyllare m/1922" for one in Sweden called Machine gun m/1922 made by Colt and used by the Air Force airplanes. For this purpose, used steel link instead of fabric belt.

This machine gun, license manufactured by the Swedish government factory Carl Gustaf Stads rifle factory, the same producer who produced the "Swedish Mauser", among many other types of weapons.

The filling machine was later modified and renamed "Bandfyllare m/36" Belt filler m/36, for use with fabric belts for other models of the Browning and Colt MG construction in the Swedish army.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Neat - Are these available in Sweden ? Never seen one over here in the States. Was there a chute to feed the links into the machine ? Clearly developed from the Browning Belt loader..... Thakns for posting.

Brian

·
Administrator
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I will not say they are available any more, the whole weapon system to were it belongs are phased out from service since decades. However do I have some of this type and also the the successor for filling textile belts.

Photos of the other type. Basically it´s the same machine with small changes.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
No, I will not say they are available any more, the whole weapon system to were it belongs are phased out from service since decades. However do I have some of this type and also the the successor for filling textile belts.

Photos of the other type. Basically it´s the same machine with small changes.
Yup - Same as the USGI 1919 cloth belt loaders. those are readily available here in the US. Link loaders are not. The 1919s with cloth belts were phased out here in the 60s. Let me know if you come across another link loader.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.