Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
20,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rush devoted a portion of his radio program today, pointing out that the Senate whackos want to pass a resolution censuring Rush Limbaugh, a private citizen, for something that he claims he never said.

Harry Reed wants an apology from Rush over some comments of apparent little consequence.

Finally, Limbaugh voiced the challenge: Reed to come on the air - live, unscripted and unrehearsed, and face Rush like a man - no hiding behind Senate Immunity. He wants the complaints and allegations voiced live for the world to hear ... Then presumably Rush will tear him a new one by asking embarrassing questions about freedom of speech, and Rush's status as a non-government office holder.

I predict it all ends here - no reply from Reed or his cohorts, no debate, no apology.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
58,812 Posts
I heard hat part of Limbaugh's program while I was in the car.

There is no point to Reed going on his program. The audience Reed wants to reach does not listen to that program.

·
Silver Bullet member
798 Posts
It all came about when the story last week came out about some idiot who claimed he was a soldier in Iraq and witnessed our soldiers committing atrocities.Sound familiar(John Kerry).Come to find out this idiot never made it through boot camp and never went to Iraq.Rush called him a phony soldier opposing the war.Reed went to the Senate floor and claimed Rush said this about all American Soldiers that oppose the war.He demanded that Rush apologize for this.Rush never said what reed claims he said.Reed is an Idiot.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
It must be believed that even as prominent Democrats say this, they are aware that it isn't the truth.

They've tried for almost two decades to create their version of Rush and failed. It must be extremely galling.

·
Platinum Bullet member
20,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I heard hat part of Limbaugh's program while I was in the car.

There is no point to Reed going on his program. The audience Reed wants to reach does not listen to that program.
Nevertheless, Limbaugh has put Reed into "Put Up, or Shut Up" mode.

It's a Win/Win for Rush, and just another "Stepped In It Again" for Harry Reed, no matter how he responds.

·
Silver Bullet member
36,346 Posts
Washington Times - Inside Politics, Oct 2

An apology

Radio talk-show host Rush Limbaugh apologized on the air yesterday, but not for uttering the phrase "phony soldiers." Instead, he apologized for a left-wing group he said has led a smear campaign against him that also sullied the military, reports S.A. Miller of The Washington Times.

"I want to apologize to all of the members of the United States military, both in uniform and out, active duty and retired, for Media Matters for America," Mr. Limbaugh said. "They will not apologize to you, and they will not apologize to me. I want to apologize to you on behalf of them."

Media Matters had accused Mr. Limbaugh of using the "phony soldiers" phrase to denigrate all troops who publicly oppose the war in Iraq. It did so by selectively quoting from remarks made by Mr. Limbaugh last week.

But a transcript posted by Mr. Limbaugh clearly shows he was referring to Jesse Adam Macbeth, who tried to back the antiwar movement by falsely claiming to have participated in war crimes while in Iraq. He had never been posted there. On Sept. 21, Macbeth admitted in federal court that he had faked his record.

"This smear and this phony accusation regarding something I had not said about active-duty military personnel, or even those who opposed the war, was that once again the integrity of the U.S. military was brought into question when the integrity of the sourcing group, Media Matters for America, should have been brought into question," Mr. Limbaugh said.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, Nevada Democrat, yesterday urged his colleagues to sign a letter condemning Mr. Limbaugh.

"Rush Limbaugh owes the men and women of our armed forces an apology," Mr. Reid said on the Senate floor.

Meanwhile, Rep. Jack Kingston, Georgia Republican, yesterday submitted a resolution praising Mr. Limbaugh for, among other things, providing "millions of dollars to the Marine Corps Law Enforcement Foundation, which provides college scholarships to the children of Marines and veterans of other branches killed in action."

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
This is gonna be fun. Warm up some popcorn

http://www.scrappleface.com/?p=2716

‘Phony Vets for Truth’ Join Reid Attack on Rush Limbaugh

(2007-10-01) — Just hours after Sen. Harry Reid, D-NV, took the senate floor to call on radio talkshow host Rush Limbaugh to apologize for using the term “phony soldiers” during his Friday broadcast, a newly-formed, grassroots veterans organization endorsed the senate majority leader’s efforts.

Phony Vets for Truth, an non-profit group comprised of ex-military personnel who have publicly and deceptively disparaged the United States, the president or fellow U.S. troops in time of war, applauded “Sen. Reid’s bravery, and his appropriate use of senate debate time to discuss Mr. Limbaugh’s scurrilous remarks.”

In a statement completely independent of the Democrat National Committee, Phony Vets for Truth, a non-partisan think tank, also said: “When private citizens start to believe that they can say whatever they want without being subject to the normal democratic process of selective sound-bite editing, and selective outrage, then it’s time for Congress to take action.”

The group, which has no affiliation with professional Vietnam Veteran Sen. John Kerry, (my highlights) also commended Sen. Tom Harkin, D-IA, for “boldly standing behind the protection of the ‘speech and debate‘ clause of the Constitution to suggest that Mr. Limbaugh was high on drugs.”

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Unfortunately, the details which contain the truth, will get lost and all anyone will remember will be Reid's slander of Limbaugh.

·
Silver Bullet member
36,346 Posts
Doubtful - Limbaugh's got a lot bigger audience than Harry Reid.
Every news report I've seen beyond a 1 or 2 liner has gone into the Macbeth case in some detail.
I'd guess Reid wont get another term in the Senate.

Rasmussen Poll - Friday, September 28, 2007

Fifteen percent (15%) of voters believe that Congress is doing an excellent (2%) or a good (13%) job. The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 49% say the nation’s legislature is doing a poor job. In between are 34% who say that Congress is doing a fair job.
These figures are down a couple of points from last month and virtually identical to the perceptions of Congress on Election Day 2006.

A June 2007 NBC poll reported that 41% of registered voters believe their "representative deserves to be reelected" while 48% disagree.

A July 2007 Pew Research Center poll reported that 54% of Americans "disapprove of the job the Democratic leaders in Congress are doing."

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
58,812 Posts
While coming from lunch today, I heard Limbaugh again. Apparently, Reid knows how to push Limbaugh's button.

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
...True, Charlie, true. But in the end, truth has a strength, and a weight, that buries falsehood, buries insincerity, buries the Harry Reids in a history footnote. I believe in FACTS. I believe in truth. In my life it conquers all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts