Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Only an 1877 in either caliber has the same hammer. They are a finicky pistol to work on. I once had one in the shop that was brand new looking. It had belonged to the man's grandfather who had bought it new. It broke the first time he fired it.
Dn

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
100,574 Posts
Only an 1877 in either caliber has the same hammer. They are a finicky pistol to work on. I once had one in the shop that was brand new looking. It had belonged to the man's grandfather who had bought it new. It broke the first time he fired it.
Dn
The 1877 does indeed have a reputation for being delicate and finicky to work on. And hard to find parts for. I have a very nice 1904-built Lightning, shoot it occasionally. It is a neat little gun and I'd shoot it a lot more if i weren't concerned about that delicate part and problems finding parts and a 'smith who could work on it.

Item of curiosity - I have an S&W marked holster for 4" K-frame, Jordan-style rig. Besides the Model 19 (which is what I bought it for) it turns out to fit my Taurus .44 Spl 5-shooter, and my 4" Lightning. Who'd have thought that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts