Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a gun show today and overheard to some poor guy looking at buying a century arms cetme and being told just such a load of BS I had to stop it.

Now I have nothing against a century cetme, I have owned them in the past and may own one again soon.

Customer: Will g3 stocks fit cetmes
Dealer : Yes, just take off the pins and slap on on.

Customer: are the cetme and the G3 the same gun?
Dealer : Yes they are, the parts interchange.

Customer: So i can put a G3 bolt and carrier in here if I want.
Dealer: No problem if you need to, just switch them out. they are the same.

And here was the best.

Dealer: "This gun has the American made reciever not the junk the Spanish used. Don't ever buy a Spanish made Cetme they are crap."

At which point I Had to say something before this guy bought the rifle did some thing crazy with it and had it blow up in his face. Gunshows good place to hear some crazy things.

·
Registered
223 Posts
How'd the guy take the enws that he's an idiot???

He was CLOSE on the stock question...

and I would love to take any junk Spanish-made Cetmes off the hands of any of you guys... I'll even give you market value of a GOOD CAI model! So just pm me about your MARS', and I'll get the funds together... $500 sounds fair since of course, I would be buying JUNK!

what a retard

·
Registered
490 Posts
You almost have to wonder if he knew what he was saying was a bunch of bull....

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Although, I agree with your anger my experiences are that ignorant sellers are a double edged sword that often comes back at them when people with knowledge take advantage of their ignorance.

·
Platinum Bullet member
20,469 Posts
I never go to a gunshow without an AIM, Centerfire Systems or J&G mailer in my back pocket. It really pisses of a seller when He's reaching for that big pile-o-cash an unsuspecting pigeon is about to drop for that $200 1948 M-44 refurb & I show the sucker an ad - Hey Look At This - same thing you're gonna buy but less than half price:D

·
Registered
490 Posts
I never go to a gunshow without an AIM, Centerfire Systems or J&G mailer in my back pocket. It really pisses of a seller when He's reaching for that big pile-o-cash an unsuspecting pigeon is about to drop for that $200 1948 M-44 refurb & I show the sucker an ad - Hey Look At This - same thing you're gonna buy but less than half price:D
My buddy that goes to the gunshows with me does the same thing.

I believe the response he gets everytime is "Well they go buy it from them......"

I don't see gun dealers hurting for business I guess......

·
Registered
216 Posts
I am getting pretty good in my old age at keeping my mouth shut. But a few times at funshows I have had to speak up when a dealer was giving dangerous information to a potential customer. I would equate some with car dealers...say anything for a sale. Great!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts