Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read many posts about these and searched old auctions but can't seem to get a handle on potential value. Bore is excellent, no import marks, all corrosion seems to be light surface only. I was not aware of the single/double broach cut issue at the time so I did not notice. Bolt, receiver and stock SNs match.

Any opinions on a fair value for this piece would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

Attachments

G

·
It is pretty beat up compared to most Venezuelans, but it is matching. I wouldn't pay more than $400-450.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

G

·
One man's beat up is another man's well used or well loved. If you can get a good deal like mentioned above it would be calling my name. :)
Your right poor choice of words. I should have said most I've seen are in Unissued condition so be careful comparing prices on those sales.

I also should have stressed at $400-450 I would buy it to shoot because it is matching.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Platinum Bullet Member and Certified Curmudgeon
15,942 Posts
Overall, not bad looking but -- it seems that Bubba has 'improved' the stock on the top and bottom at the rear of the pistol grip. I would pass on this one.

I rate originality higher than condition. I don't care if it is matching, to me it is ruined now. It would be improved by changing the stock to a mismatched unaltered one.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
aside from the negative aspects of this piece, it is still a fairly uncommon example.so it would be a good starting out collector for someone that doesn't have this; a fairly desirable caliber as well for a fun shooter. i,d say $450 value,all day long.cheers.

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
Hello,Anthony. a little surprised at your comment that these are fairly common. i would agree with you in regards to the short rifle version.do you know the production number of the carbines in this contract?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all for the feedback. The receiver on this one is blued, and sure looks like it came that way, but the stock does appear to have been bubba'd now that Geladen mentions it. A desirable caliber indeed, but I think I'll pass unless it sits a while and gets cheap.

Jeff

·
Registered
225 Posts
There is reproduction stocks for this. They need a bit of sanding. I have one of the carbines in less condition...haha. 43 bucks for rifle and 35 for stock and a few bucks for the metal. Not sure why one pic turned out red. Anyway a general condition of the stock in the fotos. Had some gouges that had to be taken out in spots that weren't optimal but better then the sporter stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
There is reproduction stocks for this. They need a bit of sanding. I have one of the carbines in less condition...haha. 43 bucks for rifle and 35 for stock and a few bucks for the metal. Not sure why one pic turned out red. Anyway a general condition of the stock in the fotos. Had some gouges that had to be taken out in spots that weren't optimal but better then the sporter stock.
Desdem, where did you get the repro stock?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.