Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
20,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't posted a lot of new SKS purchases over the past couple of years, because truthfully, there aren't a lot of slots left to fill in the collection.

But that situation changed with the acquisition of an I-Series in an original issue laminate stock. And it's hands down the best conditioned SKS in the collection. I have to think that the following images are what the workers of the Tula Arsenal would remember when the new guns were rolling of the production line.

The original laminate stock is recognized by the rich garnet color, a thin wrist, and a buttplate with the tab on top. Only the serial number is stamped on the left buttstock. It will also have all the usual inspection stamps around the crossbolt, and acceptance stamp on the right rear.

Anyway, I'm going to need to remember my sunglasses to cut down the reflection glare in my vault from now on. I hope you enjoy, lots of pics, and thanks for looking.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hey Martin, I want to thank you for finding the "Letter Date" that I am missing out of my collection. That is a OUTSTANDING rifle and one that you don't ever need to be upgraded in the collection. I have been looking for this same letter date Tula SKS for my collection for sometime, as I already have the other two in this condition in original laminated stocks as these are not easy to find in this New condition as the bayonet still as the sealer on the blade. You have made me proud and just remember me in your Will and put my name on this one. Beautiful original laminated SKS !
Bob "Tex" Hanes

·
Banned
1,312 Posts
That is some gorgeous wood , not a big fan of sks's myself, i only own one i hunt coyote with in sno camo duracoat , but that 1 sure is pretty, i would love to have the stock, nice rifle thanx for sharing, bout the only sks i may consider buying would be that 1 you have.:thumbsup:

·
Silver Bullet Member
20,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice one Martin, tell us about the finding of it.
It was one of a trio of SERIOUSLY nice SKS's at a local auction. I also landed an original hardwood stocked D-series Tula, with a light refurbishment. I'll post it up when I get pics. And another bidder walked out with an unissued 1952 dated Tula, which rivaled the one above. I couldn't get 'em all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.