Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Ruger KP95 9mm:

My Smith & Wesson 686:

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,362 Posts
My Glock 19 in it's IWB holster and it's rival a Kimber 1911 CDP Pro compact. Also my favorite target shooter Colt Offical Police custom target pistol.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
My M&P 9mm

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
My only piece (I've sold the rest) a Glock 32 in .357

·
Registered
163 Posts
I love my P7, USPs... almost all HK. I also like my G17 and the G19's.

·
Registered
95 Posts
This is by far my favorite handgun.

1959 vintage Ruger Standard Model I picked up from a pawn shop for $75 when it looked like this:

Another $70 and a trip to Arizona later it looks like this:

They completely refinished it with hot blue and polished the bolt. They also replaced 8 internal parts and it functions and shoots like a brand new weapon now.

I still have the factory grips but I like the walnut set that I got from Cheaper than Dirt several years ago much better.

This weapon is standard equipment during any hunt or camping trip to the back country. I have introduced hand gunning to kids as young as 4 with it.

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
it shoots good but i have to hold my head WAY to the left!

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
59,761 Posts
it had a vicious recoil, but I still like it

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
59,761 Posts
Another one with a vicious recoil.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Greetings, Gentlemen,

All my guns are favorites, But if I had to list my favorite moderns, it would fall to these.
In order of acquisition:

·
Platinum Bullet member
677 Posts
Nice guns guys !

I can't really limit it to just one .

Colt 2nd Gen 45 .

Colt Shooting Master 357 .

Baer SRP 45 .

·
Registered
658 Posts
I can't limit mine to one either...I like them all, but these 2 stand out above the rest:

First, my High-Standard Sentinel Deluxe .22

It belonged to my dad, and I have the original box and all of the original paperwork. I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it, but he could pop soda cans at 25 feet one handed all day long. I miss him.

Second would be my Star BM

It belonged to my brother, who, after showing it to me once, then cleaning it up and Duracoating it, gave it to me a couple of years ago at Christmas. He told me that it was his way of saying thank you for all I did for my parents while they were sick and everything I still do to help take care of our mom.

I've got several other handguns that I really like, but the stories behind these are what makes them so special to me.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
2,661 Posts
Nobody can have just one favorite. Its inhuman to think a man can have only one favorite gun any more than he can have one favorite woman.

My S&W 29-2 has been the most accurate fast slick trouble free revolver I've ever owned. Mostly fired with .44 S&W Special handloads.

The Colt 1911A1 has been the fastest slickest most trouble free automatic I've ever owned. Its been retired for quite a few years now waiting its final disposition... to be sold for big bucks in order to feed some other need. I'll miss it.

The Colt Gov't was made in 1933 and was an Argentine Policia Federal pistol. Cheaply refinished by JLD and a bunch of new little springs and things installed by me, it shoots little groups at 25 yds and is as trouble free and slick and fast as the old 1911A1. When I lived in Indiana this was my concealed carry piece. I never felt undergunned.

hi Jon :)

Dutchman

1 - 20 of 21 Posts