Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 1297 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lets see em! Doesnt matter any type, even if its ugly. Heres your chance to show yours off.

I shall start this off with my newest and current crown jewel Russian typeIII AK47, 1956.

Attachments

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
darn, that's nice man!! very jealous. I just finished a nice wood kit upgrade on my WASR last night. no pics yet. :D

is that full auto capable?
Get some pics up, im thinking of getting a wasr again. The problem with this one and my other AKs is I baby them to much I need something I can take on camping trips and stuff. If prices will ever come back to normal I will get one.

Nope it isnt, I wish though :p At one time it was anyhow!

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i am filled with envy :)
I came near to selling it... Totaled my convertible and needed money to get anotherone but I just didnt have the heart to part with this one so I baught a wrangler instead hehe.
Still a convertible I guess.

·
Copper Bullet member
918 Posts
I came near to selling it... Totaled my convertible and needed money to get anotherone but I just didnt have the heart to part with this one so I baught a wrangler instead hehe.
Still a convertible I guess.
i believe you made the right choice. you can always get another convertable later, but a nice AK like yours, with all the work you put into it is worth much more, at least thats how i feel about it :)

·
Silver Bullet Member
8,142 Posts
Here are a few. Not necessarily my favorites but pics at hand.

Sile/Poly double under.

Hungarian AMMS underfolder home build

Bulgarian AK74 home build

A mutt build I'm working on right now. Front sight on gas block. Rear sight on milled receiver cover. Old sight block milled off at the top. Saiga forearm (because I had it) and AR flash hider.

A home build mixmaster (Khyber Pass.., ha!) DMR. Mix of Bulgy, Hungarian, Romanian and Yugo parts. Shortened and turned down barrel, removed bipod., moved friont sight back and rethreaded for Tabuk flash hider. Added Tabuk rail. Barrel, trunnion and front end parts are Romanian. Rear is Yugo as well as bolt and carrier. Got cheap parts and cobbled up a cheapo DMR.

Romy underfolder home build

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
The "Mutt" build is just plain awesome, looks like something out of the future.

Have you finished it yet AKBLUE? Range report? What does it look like at night with that cheese shredder on the front?

·
Silver Bullet Member
8,142 Posts
The "Mutt" build is just plain awesome, looks like something out of the future.

Have you finished it yet AKBLUE? Range report? What does it look like at night with that cheese shredder on the front?

The mutt has a Maadi/MISR barrel that someone tried to thread and trashed the crown and 1/2 inch of rifling. I shortened it about 1 inch. Put it on a barrel-less AMD kit and originally going to shorten to AMD65 and weld on extended AMD brake. Decided on mutt after I got the receiver cover sight off a member here. Turned down and threaded the barrel all the way back to the gas block. Only fired to test function after headspace and drilling new barrel pin channel. Laser bore sighted last week. Rear peep sight is great sight picture with front AK globe. Hope to get out to shoot soon.

Barrel threads..., bored out the AR flash hider and threaded to 14/1.

1 - 20 of 1297 Posts