Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's 10 Korriku, July 10th in Albanian. I took some pics of pieces in my collection and though I'd share. The first pic is of SKS oilers, a steel variant and a bunch of plastic variations. Followed by firearms slings, then SKS pouches, including one very hard to find field used pouch with a wooden ID tag sewn on the wearers right hand side.

Finally my holy grail of Albanian SKS collecting, an Albanian SKS manual dated 1976. The manual mentions the spike and blade bayonet versions but as you might imagine there doesn't appear to be any mention of Albania's indigenous production. Jon

Attachments

·
Silver Bullet Member
20,943 Posts
Very impressive accessory lot! I thought I was doing well with one of the yellow plastic oilers...

Yes, the book appears to be depicting a Chinese SKS in the illustrations, not the elongated furniture of the Model 561.

·
Silver Bullet Member
8,185 Posts
Cool items and accessories^^^^

I had a number of those sling varieties., both Albanian, Russian and Chinese that came into the USA with the crusty SKS imports. Pretty smelly but an interesting variety of slings etc. AK., SKS and general use sling types. Very oily and sweat soaked from use., in many cases.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would you consider making reproductions of that reproducted manual for some of your fellow gunboards comrades?
I believe the cost of reproducing every page would be more than most members would wanna pay. But more importantly why do you suggest the manual is "reproducted"?

(only lacking the butt-stock cleaning kits).
Ha! Yeah, the cleaning kits are tough to nail down. Too hard to tell whose product they are. I'm pretty sure I know one variety of cleaning kit cap is Albanian, but other components are harder to identify. Jon

·
Registered
882 Posts
Ha! Yeah, the cleaning kits are tough to nail down. Too hard to tell whose product they are. I'm pretty sure I know one variety of cleaning kit cap is Albanian, but other components are harder to identify. Jon
Got one which I believe is a rather crude Albanian copy of the Chinese T56 kit. I found it in a 7M range T56 Albanian export rifle (likely came from J & G). Rifle wasn't bad, either so put a earlier Chinese kit in it and it is now my "shooter". Moved the Alby made facsimile to my Albanian SKS to complete the rig. Can post a photo of the kit if interested...

·
Registered
882 Posts
MB: Per your request here is the Alby cleaning kit to which I referred. It is the crudest of all in construction. Note the wavy seam lines and spot welds. Even the cleaning rod guide hole in the cap is off-center. The the tools inside are typical, although the brush looks a bit odd. Finish is a deep, dark blue. Forgot to mention, a collector on another website had one or two of these he was selling about two years back. This is how I knew what to look for. To my recollection he had removed them directly from Albanian made SKS rifles.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MB: Per your request here is the Alby cleaning kit to which I referred. It is the crudest of all in construction. Note the wavy seam lines and spot welds. Even the cleaning rod guide hole in the cap is off-center. The the tools inside are typical, although the brush looks a bit odd. Finish is a deep, dark blue:
A wonderfully crude rig indeed! It's certainly a contender for an Albanian produced item. Thank you very much for sharing!

Anyone else have Albanian firearms accessories to share?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I believe the cost of reproducing every page would be more than most members would wanna pay. But more importantly why do you suggest the manual is "reproducted"?

I was just reiterating what was said before about the rifle in the field manual looks like a type 56 sks, merely translating it to Albanian at some point. Whatever its orgin, you made a great find. :thumbsup:

It seems like you are willing to feather the idea of having some copies made, maybe look into how much it would cost to have it done. I know I'm interested, I'm sure others here are too.

·
SKS GOD OF GUNBOARDS
1,707 Posts
Awesome collection !!! I am really enthusiastic about collecting accessories. I have a couple of the oil bottles and a few different slings and the standard ammo pouch The manual would be quite the item to get. Cornell Publications does allot of re prints and has allot of the ak manuals you might ask them about reproducing yours and getting a royalty. Thanks for the thread and great photos

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.