Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets continue the theme with another maker. Post your bnz rifles here. I'll get things started.

bnz 43 ϟϟZZA4, SS depot built rifle

bnz 44 SS contract

not a 98k but I'll add in my bnz.41 MP40

·
Registered
218 Posts
OK, just checking, didn't want to get yelled at :)
Fantastic trio you have there, 8x.

29(o):

KM 29/40:

And you guys may have seen this one on GB very recently. Non-RC gun in a RC stock with what I think are fake KM stamps and a goofy KM sticker. Just a restored sporter & fun shooter:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Reposting here since there is a group thread.
Picked this up from the shop today. It was labeled as just a Mauser Sporter Luftwaffe on GB. I didn't realize what this was until doing some digging as I've never seen one before. Still has the original stock, even though it has been cut down and everything else matches besides the bolt, though I'm not sure who made the bolt as there are no waffenampts, just a letter code. Maybe an armorers bolt? For a total investment of about 370 I think I did pretty well.

Found out the bolt marking are from the 1934-35 era which is pretty neat. If anyone has bolt 2595 or needs bolt 6977 be sure to message me.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Beautiful 29(o) rifles (even the sporter). It's one rifle I have not been able to check off my list. Hopefully some day.

·
Registered
All of them
1,613 Posts
Sporter rescue Q block, this is the only bnz45 I held onto. V7 marked receiver and a single rune barrel, left over from Radom. The original stock was laminate of course, I don't think there has been a walnut Q block observed, so far they only start in the R block.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Here's my grouping of "bnz" rifles.
The upper rifle in the 43 grouping is a single rune 4
2 of the 1940 660 codes are 29/40's. The upper rifle has no model designation on the side of the receiver
The 2 '44 rifles have the large font bnz. The middle phosphated one was a matching sporter rescue.
The 43 in the middle s/n 2323 s was the first '98 I bought when I was 16 for $100.00 off a friend of my dad's (with dad's help and my paper route $$$). I promptly decided to clean it up by sanding the stock and rubbing it down with linseed oil to an all matching rifle........that was 34 years ago......I've learned a lot since then.

Most of them match

Attachments

·
Moderator / Diamond member
3,778 Posts
I'll throw in another bnz45 walnut. Came wrapped in this piece of 45 dated parachute (you can see staining on the stock from where the chute was), got it from a picker in PA.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Well I've got a few 660/bnz rifles And 4 MP 40s - 660 40, bnz 41, 42, 43 (the 5 on top - top one is an MP 38). I've also got a bnz MP 44.
I'm looking for 2 more MP 40s - bnz 44 and bnz 45.
The 2 rifles on the bottom of the 98k photo are a byf 44 - bought from an unkle, who brought it back, in 1953 and a G33/40.
The byf 44 started my interest in WW 2 German stuff, which has led to a never ending buying jag for anything WW 2 German and I have long since branched out to US, ruskie and Brit.
Sarge
View attachment 795758 View attachment 795759 View attachment 795760

Don't know WTH is going on, But I can't seem to post photos on this thread???????

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,260 Posts
bnz 45, S suffix I picked up a year ago. Remaining metal is matching. Stock has been sanded. The odd thing about this rifle is the cut down stock as it retains the Kriegsmodell end plate and has the strangest barrel band I or anyone else has seen, no idea what it came off of but it fits perfectly and a K98k sling fits as it would on a normal milled/stamped band. Recently it was suggested to me that MAYBE this rifle was built this way? At this point I have no idea but I like it :)

Attachments

·
Moderator / Diamond member
3,778 Posts
Here's a neat bnz, made from recycled S/42 G receiver and utilizing an armorers bolt in regular production.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here's a neat bnz, made from recycled S/42 G receiver and utilizing an armorers bolt in regular production.
That one's really cool Mike. I'm assuming a vet bring back?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.