Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Diamond w/Oak Clusters and Swords Bullet Member
None of your business.
17,534 Posts
M97TW

Here's my clone. 8th series. The chronology of the making of these clones, and their manufacturing updates is interesting. These were originally prone to failures. But after the 8th tweaking of manufacturing updates, they got it right. The only reason I bought this one. Unfortunately, I can not find the link to the history of these. If anyone has it, I'd like it again.

View attachment 204296

· Administrator
18,480 Posts
Did you know the barrel and chamber on the 590 is teflon lined?
Don't ask me how I know.
The out-gassing (the release of chemical fumes, usually from petroleum or plastic based products) from Teflon will kill parrots and other pet birds. If that is how you found out, then I am sorry for your loss.

· Registered
1,883 Posts
No, I found out by shooting a flechette round out of mine.

Then I noticed a scratch in the barrel.

I cleaned the barrel with my Hoppes Tornado brush, (a spiral wound stainless brush, no sharp edges).

I then noticed all this teflon like residue the brush was bringing up out of the barrel.

The Tornado brush brought all of the teflon out of the barrel, but there is still teflon in the chamber due to the increase in diameter.

So now I have a teflon lined chamber and an unlined barrel.

Moral of the story: 'Don't shoot flechette rounds out of 590 shotguns.'

· Registered
297 Posts
This is my favorite gun in my collection. It is a WWI model 97 (1918) has the original Bayonet lug with a later but original heat shield. Also has the Winchester 1917 bayonet with the first type of scabbard.

Very nice! I have always wanted one of the old ones. I never have the cash when I see them for sale. I do have a modern one though(590)

· Platinum Bullet Member
3,665 Posts
Remington Mod 10

Here is my only true trench gun. Although not really, as the wooden handguard and bayonet lug are no longer on it. Inletted for sling swivels on Butt. US marked and matching numbers on barrel/rec. Brass pin repair at wrist. Most were reparked and had barrels cut down to 20". This one still has original 23" barrel with blueing slightly worn from bayonet lug. Blueing is almost 85% {my guess at percentage}. Below is pic of shotgun, sorry I had to include 03's, don't have seperate pics. Have bayonet lug, but it isn't orignal to this shotgun so I will not put it on. Right after WW1 they did away with the communist handguardbayonet lug. I have never seen a unmolested or untouched example of a Remington Model 10. I doubt if more than 5 exist untouched. Cheers, John.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.