Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Looks like Albanian ×54r. Ammo had issues with base to shoulder length on some ammo, dont force bolt shut. Folds in neck, crappy red sealant application. Shot good, but the occational round with the shoulder length issues. Pull bullets and powder, run thru a x54r die without decapper pin(rcbs, lyman,pacific, herters...not lee). Berdan .217, reloadable with tula berdan primers. Neck folds will blow out. 150 ish mild steel core bullet. Looks like heck but did shoot good. Backwards e Albanian symbol, from 1989. Corrosive. Supposedly the cocaine cowboys in Miami bought tons of this and Chinese ammo from the Albanians which was junky and resold it to US govt for Afghans. We civvies got good ammo from importers, but Bush admin got burned. I never saw x39Albanian, FWIW. Cases are reloadable with tula nato size berdan primers, removeable decapper pin sizing die type, rcbs berdan decapper, slightly reformed lee ram primer cup large rifle(to handle .217 primers, MAY have to find or mod shell holder hole, then maybe to 50-100 yard lead bullet reloads. Ammo kind of like my deceased mutt "Fang" with only 1 upper pointy tooth left...fully functional, safe, just a little bit off at times.

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
Pennypal said it all: Albanian..looks bad, shoots OK. I had to run one whole tin thru the FL die to get it my rifle.

Bob: What is your “special” tale on this ammo?

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, here is the I'll tell you part... I watched this happen on the auction. I figure with fees/tax giving them the low end of spectrum they paid approx. $3.20 ish per round.

**THIS AUCTION IS OVER - Mods

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Logo

·
Registered
10,570 Posts
OK, here is the I'll tell you part... I watched this happen on the auction. I figure with fees/tax giving them the low end of spectrum they paid approx. $3.20 ish per round.

View attachment 3877240
Holy crap! It's a good thing I wasn't mid-drink.

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
How can I offer some Polish 54R for $2/rd to the “losers” on that site?

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was watching it and thinking what the hell am I missing. I was thinking it was incendiary rounds or something crazy. It was bouncing back and forth $400, 500, 600, 700 ... 1000!! 😱

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Perhaps someone thought the lot number "635" was the amount of rounds? But even so, the price was in la la land.

·
Registered
10,570 Posts
Pennypal said it all: Albanian..looks bad, shoots OK. I had to run one whole tin thru the FL die to get it my rifle.
My friend had some of this stuff, a decent number of them had imperfections making them unusable (rims not fully formed, etc.....). Would've sucked to open a tin in combat & find that.

·
Copper Bullet member
9,466 Posts
I tried to sell a Bulgarian tin for .75/rnd. and didn't get any bites! Gotta get me a "gray blanket" or something.

·
Registered
468 Posts

View attachment 3877240
Pardon me. $3.20 U.S./round greenbacks for this stuff? I am sure you are serious but..... really? Why? How? Can I get on the bidder's list so he can just send me some cash rather than waste it, put it to a good cause, ME:)

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
I too remember when this was $29/440 shipped from Century. CouldaShouldaWoulda and all that, but I certainly did enjoy what I had. $3.25 a round is the result of a coked out bidder.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts