Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am wanting to do a bit of load development with my competition M96 at different ranges. Mainly at 100,200 and 300m. Was planning on doing this with no gunsmith mount and long eye relief scope. Can anyone make any recommendations on which mount/scope combination to use that are available? Cheers!

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
2,666 Posts
There's good news and there's bad news....

The best and lowest LER scope mount in the entire world is made by yers truly.

The bad news is that I don't have any available at this exact moment in time. I'm in the [slow] process of making 50 of them right now but I've been dragging my heels in the machine shop. And for further bad news... I have a list that's about 50 guys waiting [impatiently].

After you've shot an m/96 with my mount you'd be wasting your time with anything else as nobody makes one as low or lower and when it comes to LER scope mounts if it ain't ~low~ it ain't worth having.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Focusing on the good news, I would like to join the list of waiting shooters for LER mounts. In fact, I would like to request two of them. If I ever have the opportunity to receive them, I will be very pleased. If not, at least I tried. They would be put to very good use on two M96 rifles that my eyes at 67 do not shoot nearly as well as they might have earlier with iron sights

I willl be happy to add any additional information, personal messages, etc. that might be necessary.

Vangulik

·
Copper Bullet member
403 Posts
Dutch does make a nice LER mount there (as he says himself :rolleyes: ). I don't have one, but the height (or lack there of) of his does mean less neck cranking and more comfortable shooting.

As for scope, of course Leupolds will be the bee's knee. My fixed Leupold LER is crystal clear. I also have a fixed BSA that's not too bad either. I do have a couple of the NcStar variables and they are alright if you can still shoot with a lot less light transmission. At the higher powers, the transmitted light depreciates considerably. But, for general range use and load developement to 200yd on a sunny summer day, they'd work.

metzgeri

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hey guys, If you are handy with tools Dutch has a how to make his mount on his House of Karlina suit. If you can't wait B-Square and S&K Mounts also makes them. By what I've read the S&K is the heads up winner betweeen those two. You may want to give S&K a try till Dutch get's his superior mounts out on the market...Jim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.