Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey folks, great board you've got here, and very helpful.

This past week a friend of a friend was having a fire sale in order to pay some bills and he mentioned that he was getting rid of a few pieces. One of them was an MM M48. Not knowing anything about Mausers, I got online and did some research and discovered the unsavory rep of MM. Armed with this proof I lowballed the **** out of this guy and he accepted. Lets just say the agreed price was less than what you would spend on a night at the bar or dinner with your wife, gf, or significant other.

At any rate I plan to use this piece as a shooter but wanted to consult the pros to determine how bubba'd this piece is. I noticed that the serial down near the trigger group seems to be really sloppy, but have no explanation other than there was some funny business involved. There is a light layer of cosmo on this, but nothing like the other Zastava pieces that Ive acquired which normally resemble a prehistoric insect entombed in block of amber.

Thanks guys! Have a great weekend!

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey folks. I'm sorry I didnt get around to addressing this post sooner (the work week and holiday weekend etc), but I do want to thank you all for taking the time to read and respond to my thread. I greatly appreciate it.

It would appear that in my attempts to edit the thread title to remove a certain term that offends the refined sensibilities of collectors (@geladen) I somehow deleted the entire original post? Im sorry, I did make an attempt to read the stickies prior to posting but this forum has an obscene amount of content I definitely overlooked something. My apologies.

At any rate, this piece was definitely a MM import. Here are the requested pics (including a certificate of authenticity (lol?).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.